- leaves are edible raw.
- leaves are best harvested when young.
- leaves have a taste that ranges from dull to peppery.
- stems and flowers are edible raw.
- plant is high in vitamin C.
- plant is suitable as a potherb.
- varieties in British Columbia are American speedwell (Veronica americana), Common speedwell (Veronica officinalis) and Thyme-leaved speedwell (Veronica serpyllifolia).
- grows in meadows, steambanks, forested areas and disturbed sites.
- warning: avoid consuming plants growing near polluted water.